Sunday, September 25, 2011

surviving

Yes we are still here! No one tells you when you have twins that it just gets more stressful as they get older. They are constantly changing and in different ways so when you figure something out with one the other changes and then something else happens or one of the older kids changes. constant change and adjusting!

It's funny all the questions I get. The one I don't understand why people ask is, "are they identical?" really! think about it before you ask. I've learn to just smile and say no they aren't. Then there's the feeding question. "do you feed them at the same time?" I do what ever they need, so yes if they need to be feed at the same time then I figure out how to stick and hold a bottle in their mouth. One thing with twins is you learn how to adapt and fast! It is not always perfect but you figure it out.
Travis started kindergarten this year. He is twice as big as some of the kids in his class. He even got a big kid desk brought into the classroom for him. He loves school and I miss him at home.
Since the babies were born my boys have had some time to do things that normally they wouldn't get away with doing. Majority of the time as long as they are safe I just smile and say have fun.
Tyler is finally ok with having a sister. With Travis gone at school he has really become a big brother. You can really tell in this picture how much they have grown. They are both about 11 pounds. Amy looks bigger but that's because all of Cody's weight is in his head... literally. I think that he'll be big like Travis.

In this picture you can tell that they really do look alike. Amy smiles and "talks" a lot more then Cody.






We blessed them earlier this month.

Hopefully it won't be months before I post again.

6 comments:

shauna said...

that last picture is the cutest picture!! How sweet. I'm so glad I ran into you the other day. What a crazy coincidence. You guys are so lucky to have twins. They are so cute.

Dena said...

They are so cute, Mary!

Jessica :) said...

Oh, Mary, they are so adorable! What sweet pictures! Good luck with all the transitions. It seems like the first year of a kid's life is like that anyway - change, change, change - but throwing two into the mix would be a lot! I've heard though {from a mother of twins} that things do get easier when they get older. {check out her post here http://jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com/2011/01/easier-not-easy.html} It was fun to see some pictures.

Steve and Allison said...

I LOVE IT!!!! So glad you're hanging in there

Amanda Davis said...

SOOOOOOO Cute! I wish I could come help you, suggle them.... I love it! Oh and I love love love her dress!!! I am guessing you are making it but then I realized you have twins... no you don't have time for that probably! Miss you guys!

Caralee and Jon said...

Whoa! Twins! You are amazing Mary and you look great by the way! Your family is so big now and the kids are so cute!