Sunday, March 23, 2008

never travel with us!

Joe and I rarely go on trips but when we do they are very memorable. Let me tell ya about this weekend. We decided to go over to Grandma Meg's (Joe's mom's) about 4 hours away, for Easter. We planned on leaving after the soft ball game, about 6ish. (yes, Joe coaches girl's fast pitch at the high school, don't worry, I laughed too when he told me) The game didn't even start until 6. So we ended up leaving around 9:30pm! I figured the boys would just sleep the whole time...wrong!!! After missing a turn in seattle Travis started coughing...yes BOTH my kids are sick again. By this time we were about an hour away from home and in the woods. He couldn't stop coughing and then up it came. He threw up and when you're going 70 there's really nothing you can do. So being the great mom that I am..haha..I didn't want to scare him even more so I told him it was ok and to not touch it. After throwing up about 5 times we finally found a off ramp and some place to stop. We stripped him down and cleaned him off with wipes and a water bottle. I then took all the stuff off of his car seat and lined it with blankets and we were off again. Then Tyler started screaming...he hates the car. We finally made it to the hotel at 2am.





While we were waiting for Joe to come home from the game we made racer bunnies.


While at Grandma's house we went down the street and Travis tried to feed the cows a dead leaf...the cows were not interested.


Joe's mom had three dogs and some cats; Travis was in heaven. Everytime we walked in the door he would go and get the dogs and try so sit on them and when that didn't work he would try to get them to chase him around the house.


Travis's cousins came over on saturday and we had a little egg hunt. Travis HAD to have the wagon and pull his basket around in it while finding eggs.






After the cousins left we went for a car ride hoping both the boys would fall asleep. I looked back to see that Travis had taken the shoulder belt off and was sitting straight up asleep.



Easter Morning


I lost count of how many times Travis was in time out.



I've been trying to get a family picture for a few months now...and this is it...



When we were driving home through the pass I remembered why I don't like the snow. All the signs were just about covered with snow!



This trip was made possible by a portable DVD player!! (what did people do with out them?)

4 comments:

rachel said...

your weather looks so nice i cant believe joe is in shorts. tyler looks so big sitting up. glad you guys had fun. tell your boys they are NOT allowed to get sick again!!!

Michelle said...

I love the picture of Travis sleeping sitting up. I am glad your trip turned out to be fun. If it makes you feel better I lived in Wa my whole life and never remember seeing that much snow on Snoqualmie pass. Well maybe like once or twice. Your family is so cute. We miss you guys.

jenny said...

That is pretty crappy about the drive and sickness and all.

It looks like you still had a fun Easter weekend though!

Liz  said...

Oh what a car ride! What a good mom you are not to get your child all worked up! (I probably would have cried!)
I wish I could give Travis a big hug! He just looks so cute asleep sitting up in his car seat and also in time out! He makes me laugh!!
We miss you guys! I think its time for you to move back:)