Monday, April 21, 2008

Grandma meri's visit

My parents came up to visit a couple weeks ago with one of my sisters and her two girls. My Dad just stayed for the weekend but all the girls got to stay for a week. We did tons of things a had tons of fun!
Here's a recap of the week.
Friday-swimming
Saturday- Seattle, Pike's place, Priesthood session
Sunday- Confrence
Monday- Children's museum
Tuesday- swimming day at the hotel
Wednesday- outlet mall
Thursday- Chuck E Cheese, and Target!!
Friday- Wal-mart (you have to have a Wal-Mart day!!)








The week started off with a trip to costco...of course!
Since we don't have cable (we only get fox) we watched conference on the internet! Almost everyone had to sit on the ground but I guess that was good because we didn't fall asleep at all...atleast some of us didn't.
Travis loved having Madi and Megan over every morning! When he heard them coming up the stairs every morning he would get all excited and call for his girls.
It was our first time on th ferry. Luckily no one got sick.
My parents having "a moment."
Joe and Papito! They are two peas in a pod. Everytime they went off to look at something my mom and I just rolled our eyes.
Angela is such a good mom. I would've told them to push me up the hill!
We went over to Seattle to the children's musuem. It was lots of fun. Travis was going non-stop! There were lots of kids there and I lost him for a few minutes. I bet you can't guess where I found him...yep, in the car! He would run to run thing and then run right back to the car and then to another and then back to the car again.
He loved the water thinger. I turned my head for a minute only to turn around a find him drinking from it.
Yes, he found another car.
I was watching Travis from a distance...which I will never do again, he reached in this thing to get the ball out and he decided that it would be better if he put his head in there too. Before I could get over there to get him his head was stuck. While I was walking calmly over there I had pictures of the fire department having to come and help. Luckily with a few gently pushes he got his head out just fine. I'm sure I'll win mother of the year award for that one.
After the museum we turned to the handy dandy GPS to find the nearest Taco Bell. I guess maybe we should've asked for on that was open...stupid us!
Tylers first time in a swimming pool! He hated it!
One of he times we got lost we ran into a Krispy Kreme. It was worth getting lost...atleast that time.
When the GPS couldn't help us we had to turn to a map. Never give me a map! We got lost a lot.
We went to Chuck E. Cheese and once again Travis went non- stop. I don't know where he gets all his energy from!! He went from one thing to the next.
This picture explains the week. After everyone left he slept sooooo much!! Thanks guys!

6 comments:

Liz  said...

We miss you guys SO much!!! Little Travis is just cute as ever!!! So when we come to visit someday are you going to take us to the children's museum? Gracee would love it and she would probably stick her head in a place it didn't really fit:)

Katie said...

Holy cow! You had a VERY action filled week..how fun! I can only imagine what things Spencer will get into when we go to OUR children's museum. Maybe he'll find a car and be content with that...oh wait, probably not, he's 2!! :)

Michelle said...

How Fun!! I love it when family comes to visit. We're planning a trip to WA. after graduation for Dental work and to visit family. We'll have to get together. The boys would have to much fun. By boys I mean Matt and Joe! Well Travis and Noah and Josh would have fun too.

rachel said...

ok so number 1: your sister is so cute! number 2: your livingroom looks HUGE! number 3: looks like such a fun week. We LOVE the childrens museum and got a year pass. So fun!

Katie said...

Hey, sorry we haven't gotten back to you. Both Preston and I have been really busy. I'm so glad that you guys are doing well. Preston wanted to buy Joe's truck, but shortly after we tried getting a hold of you we found out you already sold it :). Thanks for calling us and it was so good hearing from you. Tell Travis Everett said Hi. He really misses that kid. :)

Jeff, Nancy and Nathan said...

You guys are so cute. Travis looks sooo big. It looks like he's lost his little belly, so has Nathan.
That just means they are growing. Your family seems great, it's always nice to have family over. We love and miss you guys!