Friday, May 16, 2008

My chunky monkey

So I finally took Tyler to the Doctor for his 6 month check up...he's 7 months. I don't know what it is but I just can't seem to keep up with anything now. Having another child has really slowed me down and makes the time pass twice as fast.
Before we went in to the check up I though that Tyler was small for his age. I was half right. He is in the 86% for his weight (19.8 pounds) and in the 16% for his height (26.25"). The doctor even checked his height three times because he really doesn't look that short. I looked to see what Travis was at this age and but since I'm a month behind with Tyler I can only compare him to Travis at 6 months. At 6 months Travis was 22 pounds and 29 inches long. Travis is definately a Sloan and Tyler is a short and chunky Layne!
I don't know what it is but Tyler and shots just don't go. The last time he got shots at 2 months (yes I'm behind on shots too) he ran a temperature for about a day and was really cranky. This time it's been the same thing but he's had a temperature about 100 or over for 2 days now. I called the doctor and he said just to keep giving him Tylenol and Ibuprofen. I just feel bad for the little fellow. Other then that Tyler is great. He get around by rolling, it's funny to watch. He loves to watch people and loves attention, if anyone looks at him or says something to him he just gets a big smile on his face. He also loves his mom! He's going through some attachment issues right now.

2 comments:

Elise said...

Dallin weighted 12 lbs. at his 6 month appointment...hehehe. Congrats on moving.

Mitchell Maddness said...

It was fun to find your blog! We sure hope you guys are doing well and happy! Your babies are sooo cute. So much has happened since we left Rexburg! Check out our blog at mitchellmaddness.blogspot.com