Saturday, October 18, 2008

when mom leaves...

This is one of those "mom" stories that you hear and you just have to laugh, but you feel for the poor mom that it happens to. Here it is: 

I was excited because it was "Stupid Saturday" as my mom calls it (super saturday). I had been looking forward to getting out of the house, with out the boys, and sitting, relaxing and crafting. I was gone for about three much needed hours and was refreshed and ready to deal with motherhood when I got home, so I thought. I walked in the door and Travis ran towards me yelling mom, mom!!! This always makes me feel good, like I must do something right in life for him to miss me. I gave him his crayon roll that I made for him and then showed Joe all the cute things that I had done and like a good husband he told me how cute they were. Travis was standing by me and I put my hand on his head and then looked down to realize that half his hair was gone. I then glared at Joe because he had been wanting to shave Travis' head...again. He then said, you should look at Ty's hair. He was asleep and I wasn't going to go look and wake him up so I just stood there waiting to find out what happened. I thought he was kidding as most of what he says is just to see a reaction from me. He then proceeded to tell me that Travis took the scissors from the counter and but a chunk from the top of his head and then went to Ty and cut an even bigger chunk from his head. Joe then took them upstairs and finished the job. Normally this wouldn't upset me because they're boys and you just shave it off. But I haven't cut Ty's hair yet and that's just a right of passage that a mother (atleast for me) shouldn't miss. When Ty woke up and I saw his hair or lack of it I was crushed. My little baby boy was now a little boy. There were still a few long hairs left so I finished up what Travis and Joe missed and atleast got pictures of that.
This is a picture of him on his birthday last week.   
This is him sitting in the sink while I was cutting it. He loves toothbrushes.
And this is the end result. It does look cute but he has a lot of blond so he looks like a cancer patient too.

7 comments:

Katy said...

I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud! That's funny, but like you said, so sad that his first hair cut happened that way!

shauna said...

I love reading your blog. I was also laughing out loud. I was also drooling over that cake! It looks so good. I am going to have to figure out how to make that. Oh yeah, I love the nickname your mom made for super saturdays.

Puffer Love said...

I am so sorry but i couldn't help but laugh!! Same thing happened to my sister-in-law but it was her 5 year old daughter who cut her own hair while she was gone but her hubby, steves brother, took it upon himself to "fix" it and buzzed it with a 3 inch buzzer...her hair was past her shoulders a little ways...needless to say I told steve if our kids ever cut their hair he is not allowed to touch it! hahaha

Jason Both said...

We had that happen to Jamie when she was a year old. We had to buzz it completely off because it was so bad. Again we had that happen to Becca last year. She completely cut off her hair, and her bangs were cut to the skin. It looks really good now, but it took maybe six months to get to that point. We put hats and thick fabric headbands on for Christmas to cover up her mess. I'm glad you have boys. Sorry that Tyler's first hair cut wasn't what you planned though.

Laura said...

Your babies are so cute Mary!

Anonymous said...

Wow how cute he looks nothing like Travis.

The Riries said...

Oh my gosh, he is getting so big! He's adorable, no matter what hair style he has! :)