Friday, February 27, 2009

fun times in primary

I think I love being in primary so much because I get to make some pretty fun stuff. I'm always looking for new ideas and I love when people share what they've done, so I thought I'd share some of what I've done. 

I'm over singing time so when I find some good ideas I make them and put them in the closet. This is Eddie's spaghetti. Depending on how well the kinds sing depends on how much or how fast he eats the pasta. I think he's cute even though it looks like he wearing mascara.


I did a sharing time last month and took this idea from someone else. I made finger puppets and we talked about the different roles of each family member and how if they all work together and are all there then it is easier to "pick things up". the kids loved this! 

I got this for the hand book, it's called a roller box. I punched christmas lights through the box and then covered it. I kids draw pictures and then you tape them altogether, turn the lights on and "roll" through each picture. Our junior primary NEVER stops talking but for this there was complete silence! We've also used this for FHE too. 
I made this for a primary activity day. It's a foam dice with velcro on the sides so that you can change the sides t adapt to different lessons. It's also good that it's foam so that it's easily kicked around. I've used it for singing time and I'm planning on using it for FHE also. There's this stuff you can buy to print off pictures onto fabric so I'm going to print off our pictures and put them on the dice and then play a game with it. 

I'm always making new things so I'll post them to share. If anyone else has things they've done please share with me. 

6 comments:

shauna said...

You are creative. Those are really good ideas. I think I might try the roller box.

Angela Allen said...

When I grow up I want to be Mary

Erin Lafleur said...

Eddie's Spaghetti is so creative! You are amazing Mary.

We did the roller box in Children's literature class and it worked out awesome. Seriously it kept a room full of college students entertained and participating. :P

Elise said...

Mary you are amazing!! David and I just got called to be primary teachers. I love it. We are in charge of sharing time at the end of the month... we will see how it goes. Have you ever been to sugardoodle.com? I love it and it has great church ideas.

jenny said...

What great ideas! I love them...you've got some serious talent girl. :D

Caralee and Jon said...

Those are great ideas! Maybe I'll use some of them in my class I teach, if thats okay?