Monday, March 3, 2008

sick


This past week has been filled with some really great things...

throw-up, coughing, wheezing, snot, more coughing, more snot, not eating, more throw-up, our doctor on vacation, urgent care, emergency room until 2 am (the closest one to us is 30 minutes away), no sleep, another visist to urgent care, beathing treatments, diarrea, diaper rash, two screaming coughing children who will only go to their mother at 2 am, and finally another doctors visit.

I am so grateful for...

running water, warm water, humidifiers, wipes, triple paste (the only thing that works for ty's diaper rashes), modern medicine, wonderful emergency room doctors who are patient with tired mothers, a sister who is always there to answer her phone and talk while combing lice out of her daughters hair for the second time.

I don't think I'll ever forget this week no matter how much i would want to.

7 comments:

Katie said...

MARY!! I am so sorry that your week has been that chaotic! What did the boys have? Are they ok now? Holy Cow! You are super mom! Hope things get better..

Katie said...

That is really sad. I think it's funny that you still sound up beat about it. I would sound just a little different than that...if you know what I'm saying. You are a brave woman. I hope that things get better.

The Riries said...

Wow, what a weekend! Way to still be positive! I hope your boys get better soon. :( I use CS2 for my digi scrapbooking, which includes Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. I used those programs all the time for Scroll, so I already had them. What do you use? Elise got tons of cute paper, brads, corners, etc. from her sister. They're so cute! Maybe we can make a CD for you or something? I've only done a few pages, so I'm definitely not a pro yet. Have you done a lot? What program are you thinking of using? P.S. I think Tyler looks so much like you!

jenny said...

Oh, Mary. The one with the mask is so sad. I feel for you (and for the boys too).

I hope your house gets healthy real soon!!

Liz  said...

How are your little boys doing? I hope they are getting all better! I hate those breathing treatments!
Thanks for the vinegar tip, it definitely came in use!!

Slade said...

Will Tyler just wear his mask like that? Isaac wants to eat his. That's pretty impressive if he does. I hope things have gotten better. Otherwise, are you guys enjoying Washington? That's where you are, isn't it?

Laura said...

What a heart wrenching picture. I bet you're a great mom Mary.