Friday, November 21, 2008

Sewing city

My house is a mess, there's tons of laundry to do, my dishes have yet to do themselves and what do I do? Sew! That's what you're supposed to do instead of everything else that needs to get done. I've joined this $5 quilting club and I love it. You pay $5 at the beginning and as long as you show up every month with the finished block from the previous month you're good to go! If not you pay $5 again to get the next block. They go for a year and it just started when I got here so it was perfect. I like it because you get the stuff and then go home and do it. At the monthly meeting that just talk about new stuff. It's fun and it gets me a ticket to get out of the house childless once a month. Oh, sweet freedom!! On my side bar I have a slideshow and I'll post the new blocks as I finish them. I also did two other "projects" instead of cleaning. I went a sewing enrichment and we made lunch bags. I probably won't use mine for lunch but it turned out cute.


When I was sewing that at my friends house she had this bag hanger pin cushion thinger. I didn't think anything of it then when I sat down to sew it was cool to have it right there. So I checked it out and went home and made one. I think it's pretty handy!



 
So after finishing all the sewing projects I still have laundry to do, dishes to clean and screaming children. But I can say that I accomplished something that really wasn't on my list to do.

7 comments:

Jason Both said...

Ya, my house gets pretty pathetic when I do projects. I tend not to get dressed for two days also. Pretty gross, but I just get so wrapped up in getting the project finished. My last project was making a stocking for Eiley. That took four days, and my house needed a big time cleaning when I was done. I need to get started on some Christmas gifts. Not looking forward to that. I need more time in between projects.

shauna said...

Those are really cute. I am anxious to see the finished quilt.

Katy said...

Good for you! I wish I had paid better attention to my mom growing up so I could be a master sewer like her! :( I'm impressed.

Unknown said...

Can I have one of those pin cushion hanger things? Yours is sooo cute. How do you find such cute fabric? I'm jealous - we've still got boxes everywhere.

Julie Randall said...

I like your lunch bag Mary. I think that if I make one for Tim, he would take his lunch to work in it! Maybe I will make it pink!! Did you know that Nick lives in Aloha. He said it's about an hour from you. I love looking at your blog. Your boys are cute...even Joe!

Erin Lafleur said...

I love your projects, especially the lunch bag. So cute!
Glad you found a good mommy outlet to redeem some of your sanity. :)

Ellis Family said...

Mary those are so cute. That group sounds like a lot of fun. Its so nice to get out once awhile without the kids isn't it??