Tuesday, November 4, 2008

some of this and that

Things have just been really busy lately, it's hard to find time to sit down and blog. Here are just a few pictures...
We heard of this place to get $1 pumpkins, any size. It was way cool! And durung summer they have a "u-pick" farm with almost anything you can think of. We will be back there next summer for sure! I put Ty down to ick his pumpkin out and he went from pumpkin to pumpkin trying to pick them up. It's funny because he grunts while he does it. 
Our little free loader Travis wanted to get in the wagon too. 
For Halloween we went to the ward trunk or treat. Travis was a "Kachow" (Lightening) pit crew guy and Tyler was a bee, thanks to a friend for lending us the costume!
Travis turned three on Monday and he thought he'd start it off by his first three minute "nose on the wall". We had moved to the nose because he liked to sit too much.
I don't know where my mind has gone too but it dawned on me at 3 in the afternoon that Travis needed a birthday cake. Luckily as long as you have a car Travis if fine with anything.

I didn't get any good pictures of him with his present. He got a pair of frog boots, which I have found out are a necessity here and then he got 7 Little Critter books.  

5 comments:

Jason Both said...

Sooo cute. Everyone has pumpkin patch pictures this year. I think I need to do something like that next year. Looks like you guys are doing good with the whole discipline thing. Becca was ok with it, but oh my gosh, Jamie has a mind of her own. Time out is a huge time out for me because I basically have to hold her while she is kicking and screaming. Time out is so traumatic for her all you have to do is mention time out and she runs to her bed screaming. I hope that's not any indication of how she's going to act as a teenager. We will be high on emotions. She's been getting tons better though and she has been really sweet and funny in the last couple of months. Good thing.

Katy said...

It looks like they had fun getting pumpkins & were so cute dressed up! Sennika has been so grumpy lately, but I think she isn't feeling well. It's hard to know what works best for discipline!

rachel said...

wow travis looks SO big. Your kids looked really cute all dressed up!

Michelle said...

I love the Halloween pictures!! I have to say that Josh caught on really quick to potty training. I am a firm believer in when they are ready they will do it. I start out at about 2. I try for a day if they have no interest then I wait till about 2 1/2 and try again. If they still aren't interested then they go back in diapers and I wait a few more months. I make a potty chart and if they pee the get 1 sticker and if they poop they get 2 stickers. Once they get like 15 or so stickers then I get them a prize. Noah really liked ice cream sundae's at McDonalds and for Josh we took him to Wal-Mart and let him pick out a hot wheel car. It took Noah a while to get the whole bowel movement thing down. Like I said I really believe that when they are ready they will do it. I think if you try when they are not ready then it's not a good experience for you or the child. Then they are not going to want to do it at all. That's why I just let mine do it when they are ready. It's worked good so far. I hope this helps a little. Good Luck!!

Jessica Speed said...

Cute, cute. Your boys are very adorable. I love the pictures of them with the pumpkins. And I'm glad we're not the only one that does the nose to the wall time out thing. :)