Monday, February 16, 2009

bunk beds!!

I've been looking and looking for weeks on craigslist for bunk beds and every time I found some I would call and they'd be gone! I finally found and got some! We had to drive and hour to get them but even when we averaged in gas we still saved about $600! They are only a year old and just what we were looking for...I love Craig's list!!  
We got back home around 9pm and it was cold! But the boys were so excited they really didn't notice and still wanted to help unload it.

I just wanted to go to bed but on the way home Joe told Travis that they would set them up tonight. Travis was so excited to work with the man tools. If you look real close you can see his tongue sticking out. He does that when he's concentrating...so does Joe.

At 10 we finally got it all put together and it was story time! I told Joe to only put the bottom one up but the next time I looked they were both up, minus the top mattress! I wasn't too happy, I had thoughts of monkeys climbing and then falling to the floor. Joe, being the kid that he is, said he put it up because it would be easier to make forts. Boys will be boys! I'm just happy Travis is finally staying in bed at night. 

6 comments:

Dena said...

Yeah for bunk beds! They are great! You should tell Joe that Jonah and James still talk about him and so finally I showed them your blog yesterday and I asked them who was in the picture and they jump up and down and said "Joe!" and then they asked who the little boys were. We moved before they really got to see you with your kids. Oh, and James was talking about that delicious cookie he got from you Mary when we visited you at work that one time. That was before I showed him the blog. I can't believe how much James remembers but you and Joe sure made an impression on him!

shauna said...

Those are really cute! I love that it will be used for forts.

Caralee and Jon said...

Bunk beds are so much fun! I'm so glad Travis is staying in bed! That must be nice. You are so sweet for offering to watch the kids. Jon and I have never been west of rexburg or salt lake so any tips would be great. I'll let you know what we decide. thanks again.

Katie said...

That is so cute. I really want to get a bunkbed for Everett, it's like all he talks about. You said it, "Boys will be boys." :)

Puffer Love said...

We gt the girls Bunk beds and Miki finally figured out how to climb up to the top bunk!! She is afraid of Heights but to be on the safe side I took one of the steps from the ladder off! hahahaha

shreevit2beaver said...

Joe, you sure look like a fun dad. Mary, we know it must be hard raising 3 kids on your own.